Theory Z (a Kitsune) shape-shifting our traditional Theory 3 GSM into a ZSM! Big brambly nose followed by waves of cherry, plum, and spice – this is a beautiful blend showcasing Zin’s ability to stand head to head with Grenache. Zin’s elegant fruit balances the dark berry, anise, and spice of Mourvedre and big jammy Syrah. Watch out, Theory Z might slash your current favorite a notch down on your list of top wines.
Thanksgiving Recipe Pairing from the Cypher Kitchen:
Wine Infused Cranberry Sauce
- I cup Tangerine, OJ or Grapefruit Juice
- 1 cup Cypher Theory Z (may substitute ZinPunk, Elemental Grenache or Elemental Petite Sirah)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon C&T Five Chinese Spice
- Take a sip of Theory Z!
- Combine juice, Theory Z, and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and pomegranate seeds to syrup and cook over medium heat until berries burst, about 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add stir in C&T Five Chinese Spice.
- Cool, then transfer to medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- Freeze leftovers within 3 days and use later for sauce, sorbet, or a syrup for fizzy drinks (stick blend to smooth texture.)